A recent survey by mobile management provider Good Technology , as reported in InfoWorld, indicates that my reliance on my mobile devices means I may be working on average seven more hours per week as a result. Infoworld published some of the survey's key findings:
- 80 percent of people continue working when they've left the office, for an average of seven extra hours each week
- 60 percent do it to stay organized, half because customers want quick responses, and 31 percent just find it hard to switch off at night
- 68 percent of people check work email before 8 a.m., with an average first look at 7:09 a.m.
- 50 percent check their work email while still in bed
- 40 percent do work email after 10 p.m.
- 69 percent will not go to sleep without checking their work email
- 57 percent check work emails on family outings
- 38 percent routinely check work emails while at the dinner table