Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Joining the BPR3 Team

Put this one into the category "be careful what you wish for."

After my post A Blog Ciation Index? I was contacted by Dave Munger from the Bloggers for Peer-Reviewed Research Reporting (BPR3) team. In my post, I commented that the project could use some librarian help. Well, within 24 hours Dave reached out.

BPR3 is an effort that "strives to identify serious academic blog posts about peer-reviewed research by developing an icon and an aggregation site where others can look to find the best academic blogging on the Net."

My role is pretty undefined, but I plan on keeping them up on library oriented topics, standards, and efforts they may be unaware of, such as OASIS. I am also planning to get the word out through library publications and conferences, as well as in this space. Sphere: Related Content

No comments: